The Working Mind: Manager
Course session date(s):
Monday, February 26, 2018 - 8:30am to 4:30pm
Best Western Plus Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Ctr.
1100 Granville St.
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2B6
This course covers the following topics:
- A focus on dispelling the myths of mental health problems and mental illnesses, aiming to reduce associated stigma;
- An overview of the Mental Health Continuum Model;
- Self-assessment of one’s own mental health along the continuum;
- Strategies one can apply at each point along the continuum;
- Workplace accommodations and return to work;
- How to observe changes in employees along the continuum;
- Appropriate actions to take;
- How to communicate with employees about mental health illness in a workplace context;
- Ad hoc incident reviews; and
- Practical application.